Acoustic Guitar Buying Tips
The acoustic guitar is the most popular instrument and music is something that most of us cannot live without. It has become such an integral part of our lives that we have become spoiled for choice when it comes to pleasing our ears. But amongst the endless cornucopia of sounds, melodies and instruments stands the Acoustic Guitar.
The Guitar is probably the most played and most used instrument of all time. This is mainly due to its affordability and ease of use. Many people adore it and if you’re one of them then you might have thought of picking a Guitar yourself. If so, read on!
• Like all major purchases in life, the biggest factor is price. Many people like going for cheap things only to realize that they were duped. It is therefore of great importance that when you want to purchase a guitar, compare prices with a wide range of models and places. A good quality acoustic guitar is one that has a strong body and overall integrity.
• The strings should be of high quality. Low quality strings wear out easily and do not last long. You might be thinking “I can always replace them, so why does it matter?” Well, in the long run it’s going to cost more to perpetually replace the strings than if you were to have high quality ones in the first place.
• One should also make sure that the tuner is of high quality. This is because some of the tuners are weak and end up breaking easily. This may also be expensive as you have to go back to the shop to buy new tuners.
• In this day and age, branding is of utmost importance. Always check out the company behind the Guitar. Companies usually have different styles and philosophies when it comes to instrument making. So be sure to do a little research about the company before you decide. My personal recommendation is Planet. They’re one of the best companies out there that constantly produce quality guitars.
• The durability of the guitar should also be put into consideration. Some guitars can last for decades while some barely make it in the first year.
• Size of a guitar also matters when buying it. Acoustic guitars come in various shapes and sizes. Your own body size will be a big factor in this, be sure to feel physically comfortable with what you’re buying.
• The casing of the guitar should also be considered as it’ll be needed for storage and transport. Poor storage will take precious years away from your Guitar, so ensure that the casing is of good quality.
• Also, ensure that the store provides a decent warranty for your guitar. It’s a pain to have to give up the whole thing when some small part breaks down.
• Most importantly, you’ve got to feel for the guitar that you’re buying. I know it sounds cheesy but a guitar is a very personal thing and it’ll be with you for a long time, so make sure you feel some sort of connection with it before the big purchase.
Back to The Home Page